Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2013 iron 883. Hit 5000 mile mark. From what I understand I need to do the 5000 mile thing. Harley wants to charge me $330 for the synthetic. To me this sounds like a lot. Two questions.

Is that price right?

Can I take it somewhere else other than Harley and I still have my warranty?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You can even do it yourself, if so inclined, and able. Document the service, wither you have it done, or do it yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the 5000 mile check up thing done by a dealer and I really question if they actually did all the things that are listed in the manual

better off doing it yourself - to get it done and done right
all you pay then is for oil and filter - and you gain knowledge of how to work on your ride

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got a 2013 iron 883. Hit 5000 mile mark. From what I understand I need to do the 5000 mile thing. Harley wants to charge me $330 for the synthetic. To me this sounds like a lot. Two questions.

Is that price right?

Can I take it somewhere else other than Harley and I still have my warranty?

I paid about the same for my 20k service here recently (bought the bike used). I've decided to get the service manual and do them myself. Maybe once a year I'll let the "Stealerships" do one as I do have a warranty for the next 3 years.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sarcastic Member
35 Posts
Buy the service manual and do it yourself, there is no better way to become one with your ride. If you get both manuals it may be a wash on the first service but you will start making up for that in no time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts