Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just became the owner of a 58 Pan Head that has been sitting for 25 years. Ran when it was parked. Frame is not a 58. I's a very stretched rigid. I am looking for a 58 frame and swing arm. Please shout out of you know where I can find one----thanks
Bret

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks---really like to have the motor/tranny, frame and tins at a minimum as OEM. Going to put a springer front end on it with some 12 inch bars. Everything else I am trying to keep as original as possible. Thanks for the reply

·
Try'n to behave
5,947 Posts
I can't help you finding a frame, but I would LOVE so see some photos of your panhead!

·
Registered
39,457 Posts

·
Flats where its at
38 Posts
I just became the owner of a 58 Pan Head that has been sitting for 25 years. Ran when it was parked. Frame is not a 58. I's a very stretched rigid. I am looking for a 58 frame and swing arm. Please shout out of you know where I can find one----thanks
Bret
yo so the frames and other goodies..... " can be had " ck out AMCA for sale pages n swap-meet dates.... bring lotsa money; most of them frames were cut n chopped, findin one in mint wont b easy; also ck out book.. "how to restore your harley " by bruce palmer; a must for restoration... read, learn,, so ya hunt for the "correct" frame.... jus sayin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good evening, I am new to this site and new to panheads and new to builds. That said I was gifted a 58 pan to restore. I am in need of a drop seat and all associated hardware. If anyone can point me in the right direction or if you have one you'd be willing to let go please drop me a line. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks----picked up a perfect mint rolling chassis all original with front end wheels tires bars pedals wiring harness and repop tins. The owner has everything else but the seat---might hit him up for more stuff after I recover from the sticker shock on the roller. The doner bike is a 58 motor tran on a ridged 17 over chopper with boxes of parts. Thanks for the tip on the book I will jump on that. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts