Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere there is a SC official, probably several,

who need to be fired and have theirs asses whipped big time.

..Or does it take pulling a stunt like this to make sure conservative voters showup,

to prevent SC from being another Colorado? Anybody local know the story?

Can't imagine any anti-gun or Dem/Lib political power thinking this was a good plan...

Sam Grant nearly celebrated his eighth birthday party in jail.

The North Carolina boy had been charged with two felony counts of discharging his BB gun.

The parents of a then-seven-year-old North Carolina boy are beyond angry after their son was charged with two felony counts of possessing a BB gun. Just moments before the child was expected to answer to the allegations before a Catawba County judge — the charges were dropped.

Sam’s parents, Ray and Cherry Robbins told Fox News they are both relieved and angry over what happened to their son.

“They considered his BB gun a firearm,” Ray said. “”It’s not a firearm. It’s a BB gun.”

The trouble started last month when Sam was in the backyard of their rural home shooting his BB gun. His mother stepped inside to put dinner in the oven – telling the boy not to run off.

But Sam’s curiosity got the best of him — and he scampered out of the backyard – and fired his BB gun at an abandoned house across the street. In doing so, he accidentally hit a passing car.

Sam was in the backyard of their rural home shooting his BB gun. His mother stepped inside to put dinner in the oven – telling the boy not to run off.

But Sam’s curiosity got the best of him — and he scampered out of the backyard – and fired his BB gun at an abandoned house across the street. In doing so, he accidentally hit a passing car.

Cherry immediately call the sheriff’s department and offered to pay for the damage to the car. The deputy sheriff took a report but said he wasn’t going to press charges and neither was the driver.

Instead, Sam’s parents took responsibility, paid for the damages and administered parental justice.

Sam got punished. They took away his BB gun and made him do community service at their local church.

“We wanted to teach him responsibility so he’s been cleaning up around the church and polishing pews to repay the $350 it cost to repair the car,” Robbins told Fox News.

But their world got rocked when the received a letter from the Department of Juvenile Justice summoning the family to court.

“They told us that they considered it to be a violent felony — discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle,” Robbins said. “It was crazy. We completely disagreed with the charges.”

Their son – was now facing the prospect of a year on probation, hundreds of hours of community service and a criminal record.

“We couldn’t imagine Sam standing in front of the court — as a judge read him the charges,” he said. “How is he supposed to understand that? He’s eight years old.”

The day before his court appearance, Sam celebrated his birthday — but there wasn’t much to celebrate.

“That night he was shaking – he was so cared he was shaking,” Robbins said. “He didn’t know what going to court meant but he knew that it was serious.”

The following day, they showed up for Sam’s hearing. But their court-appointed lawyer ushered the family into a room and told them the charges had been dropped.

“I really feel like it was a political thing,” he said. “It’s election season in our county and they didn’t have anything better to do than charge an eight-year-old boy. They got the anti-gun people revved up.”

Robbins said his son is a good boy who made a bad mistake.

“My wife and I were just completely torn up over the whole thing,” he said. “My son — he didn’t understand the severity of the charge but he understood the severity of what he did.”

And he was especially angry at local officials.

“It was infuriating what they wanted to do to that child,” he said. “This whole gun control thing is just nuts. For them to use a minor child — to prove a point and make an example — for certain groups — is just crazy.”

·
Registered
395 Posts
Four years ago, I would have been shocked, dismayed, furious, amazed, etc. Instead, my reaction was "yep, that's our new world". The only confusing part was that they didn't sentence the father to Anger Management classes, since he became angry with the officials.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
That local justice system should be hanged in public... Period.

I'm so in shock, that's all I have to say at the moment.

·
Registered
237 Posts
BB Gun

I do not even want to mention what I did to some birds with my BB gun when I was young. Our nation is really screwed up. You see one school stopped playing dodge ball for some crazy reason. Unbelievable.

Pastor Jeff

·
Slave to the grind
567 Posts
That is really sad! freakin adults feel the need to pick on a little kid!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
That is really sad! freakin adults feel the need to pick on a little kid!
It's worse than that stupid NJ incident where the dad posted a pic of the kid on FB with a .22 AR, and the SWAT and cops and all that arrested the dad.

This country has become a country of giant walking vaginas.

Back just 20 years ago, people felt safer if someone had a gun around them. Nowdays you're a criminal if you own a gun. The liberals and dems need to be shipped off to their own island where they can't ever escape. We can also send off all the peopel with an IQ of less than 100 (exception being the mentally handicapped, they will need intelligent people to help care for them, so they can stay).

Then MAYBE we can get this country back on track.

Or atleast we need a voice who isn't all about doing things the easy and PC way. We need someone who will stand up and tell them to all go f*** themselves, and that they're all a bunch of pussies. Then that might actually wake them up! You know, someone who ain't afraid to poke the hornet's nest a little bit...

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I'm afraid that I would have to go have a 1 on 1 talk behind closed doors with that county DA, the outcome of which may well end up with me having charges filed, but that SOB wouldn't charge a kid with a BB gun EVER again. Then I might be tempted to go have the same talk with the county Sheriff for even moving ahead with this nonsense.

It's time for people to sack up and start doing what's right. The parents did by paying for damages done and then using parental punishment. The driver did by allowing Dad and Mom to do their job, too bad the DA and Sheriff were azzhats.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
Why this is just outrageous. Those parents ought to be skinned for allowing that little boy to own a firearm. And just look at what it caused. Now he has a felony record and worst of all, the parents dared to discipline their own kid instead of letting the courts decide. And what do they do? Well, they force this poor kind into slave labor working in a Church...and no doubt a Christian Church..and without a court order so that has to violate the principle of Separation of State and Christian Churches. Imagine what that is doing to that lad's self-esteem. No doubt he'll end up growing into some sort of manical psychopathic with an automatic assault rifle with extended capacity one time only use clips to go into movie theaters and schools and slaughter millions of innocent people. Them parents need to be put under the jail.
Rant over...now where did I put my latte.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
You still can't fix stupid.

·
Noel
8,482 Posts
Goes to prove the radical left and politicians in general will not hesitate to use any means to achieve their controlling goals.

·
Registered
38,934 Posts
You should flag the DA for a tax audit Noel. :nod

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts

·
Banned
447 Posts
That local justice system should be hanged in public... Period.

I'm so in shock, that's all I have to say at the moment.
"First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." -- Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene II. Wm. Shakespeare.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's more to this than we think, I looked up Catabwa County 2012 election results,

Other than a Democrat winning one of the House seats, Republicans won every race I could see by a 2 to 1 margin,

so if this was a political stunt, this was, it doesn't seem likely to be a liberal thing.

The county voted for Romney over Obama 44K vs 24K votes

The Republican candidate for Governor 49K to 18K and so on..

..so I don't get it, unless it's one of those child protective services type agencies running amok..

:dunno

·
Registered
870 Posts
Maybe it was just FOX News putting it's usual spin on it.

Anyway the kid was lucky, he could'a put an eye out.

(tongue planted firmly in cheek) :eek:uttahere:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Somewhere there is a SC official, probably several,

who need to be fired and have theirs asses whipped big time.

..Or does it take pulling a stunt like this to make sure conservative voters showup,

to prevent SC from being another Colorado? Anybody local know the story?

Can't imagine any anti-gun or Dem/Lib political power thinking this was a good plan...
This bad and sad. However, it was NC not SC. I hope this would never happen here.

·
Registered
870 Posts
LOL, thanks.

These News networks should not be allowed to use the word "news" in their title, and that includes MSNBC.

·
Registered
395 Posts
LOL, thanks.

These News networks should not be allowed to use the word "news" in their title, and that includes MSNBC.
The man that doesn't read the news is uninformed. The man that does is misinformed.

Mark Twain

1 - 20 of 20 Posts