Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a 77 flh that I got in a box...several....many boxes. I have the shop manual, parts manual, and the clymer manual. NONE of these show the location on the frame of the mounting position of the horn or the choke cable. I think I have all of the mounting hardware, but I can't figure out where they go. Help, including actual pictures of a stock location for these would be really wonderful.

·
Wayward Son
23,350 Posts
I want to say left side between the jugs. Opposite the carb.
But not swearing to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perhaps

I am pretty sure the choke goes there, though I guess I don't have THAT piece of hardware to mount it. The horn, though I do have the brackets it mounts to and there doesn't seem to be anyway to make that fit. My 04 has a horn mounted there. I have looked at lots of pictures, especially the one in the Harley shop manual, but the horn is not visible in any of the pictures. I'm wondering if it possibly goes under the fairing? Grasping at straws now.

thanks for your help

·
Just Ride
3,302 Posts
Left side down tube for horn on my shovel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FritzHD: Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked and the left and right downtubes are connected by a bracket that supports the highway bars and the left and right tank halves. just off the left side of that is a short tab with a tapped hole that looks like it might support a horn. I'll have to try it tomorrow! Thanks a bunch! If you could post a picture that would really help.

·
Just Ride
3,302 Posts
Granted it's a low rider, seem to recall a bro with a 77FLH mounted the same.

·
Wayward Son
23,350 Posts
The choke knob comes up through the center of the dash.
That`s what I was thinking.
Tried to find pics of the bike. Most are of the right side. Others show the horn on the left. Some, a horn can`t be seen.
I know on some models with the horn on the left there was a small tab with a hole to bolt to the engine\horn mount and a slotted opening to hold the choke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts