Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was sumped seemed to have all the oil out starter sounds like its hit the gear but it makes aloud sound after a crank or two when i use the button but if i jump the starter it doesnt do it right away it will turn over a few times before it happens

·
Just Ride
3,614 Posts
What? Give me something that makes sense. Is it sumping all the time, when you try start it,does it start? Look punctuation helps.

Reactions: Harleyjef

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What? Give me something that makes sense. Is it sumping all the time, when you try start it,does it start? Look punctuation helps.
it was at first got it to stop spitting oil.
it does turn over but not all the time with the button .it only turns over 1 or 2 times then make a loud noise like its not engageing in the teeth right . But it i cross jump it on the solenoid it turns over a couple times then doez the same thing.But it does not start!
i have checked fuel and battery, plugs,coil so far

·
Just Ride
3,614 Posts
Spins over once or twice then makes a noise and stops cranking sounds like a bad bendix. Has it ever run? How long have you had the shovelhead?

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
I would get the battery load tested at your local auto parts store.

·
Flats where its at
51 Posts
did you check to see if the lower end is over full w/ oil??? bad ball seat or weak spring can let oil fill lower end after sitting a long time... drain out bottom end then try to start. if it starts and runs it will sump oil to correct level but you will need to re-seat the ball bearing and put a new spring and ball in... this is a common problem [bottom end filling w/ oil and or gas] if the ball isnt seating caus of a weak spring or grit / dirt in oil not letting the ball seat properly . I had my lower end so full one time I couldnt kick it at all; nor would the elec. starter turn the motor over!!! I reseated the ball replaced spring and ball and presto back in action.... just something it might be jus sayin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts