Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home late last night after spending 2 weeks on the road. Covered over 7800 miles going from MD to the Pacific and back. Encountered the scorching heat of TX and the freezing temps in WY above the Big Horn National Forest. Road through the Rockies, the North Cascades, 101 (PCH) the entire length of OR, Yellowstone, and Mount Rushmore. It was an amazing but tiring event, starting off with an Iron Butt from MD to AR to catch up with my buddy who left a day prior. Most days were 450 - 500 miles. With a 700+ mile day to cover Grand Junction to Reno. Rt. 50 really is the loneliest road in America! And my last day, yesterday, from IA back to MD (800+ miles) to beat the current weather hitting our area. It feels weird to spend a day off the bike, but as much fun as it was, it is time to get back to being a working stiff and be with my family. I think it was hardest on my 11 year old daughter, but we spent the night playing cards and having fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The commander II's are really incredible tires. I was lucky to only hit rain the first day in VA and the second to last day from Sioux City into Minnesota and down through Iowa (about 5 miserable hours) ... the commanders ran fine at over 70 mph in the wet. In the dry, according to my navi, I hit 106 mph on rt. 14 out of Cody, WY. Loaded down that is all the 96 was good for, but the ride was smooth as silk. :thumbsup

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a few more pics.

Attachments

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
That is an epic trip.:nod

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passed through pretty close to you lakeforktx, from Hope AR, we went through Lake Palestine on the way to San Antonio to see my Son in the Air Force. East TX is a nice area .... definitely in the running as a retirement location ...... I am a big fan of TX. :bigguns

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Wow. Those pics are making me the jealous type. Great ride!!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wow. Those pics are making me the jealous type. Great ride!!!!!
By the looks of things you are on a pretty epic ride yourself. I gave up taking back roads this side of the Mississippi just to save a few extra days out west. I know the wife and I will take a weekend or two later in the Summer and get down to NC and out to WV ...... I've only been home for two days, and your pics already got me wanting to head back out. Have fun with the rest of your trip! :thumbsup

A few more pics from the trip:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts