Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple days back I went to start the bike and I noticed some smoke coming from under my seat. I took the seat off and noticed the positive terminal had gotten really hot. The previous owner had done a hack job of making the lead from the battery to the fuse so I assumed this was the problem and I replaced that cable. I then noticed that the headlights could not be turned off when turning off the key. I then replaced the key/ignition switch. I checked the battery with a load tester and amps/volts read normal. I then replaced the starter relay and the same thing. What is happening now is the bike just makes one click when I press the start button (only one click). The bike does not try to crank over. I feel like I am chasing my tail and can't seem to get this to turn over. I think something got fried but not sure what. I am trying to avoid pulling off the crankcase cover to get the starter out and wondering if anyone has any other ideas I can try.

One other thing I had noticed on the "L" connector of the ignition switch there was a branch off wire that was taped off and off to the side. I don't think that is the problem but just something I noticed.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts