Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new here and would like to ask a few questions. I am looking at a 84 FLH. The motor was rebuilt 4,000 mi. ago. The bike has been kept inside and looks pretty good. I was wondering if there are any particulars about that bike I might need to know. Is there any thing that about it that means I should stay away from it?
Thanks,
George

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Last year of the shovels (I know, a few were sold in '85), great bike! I've got a '77 FLH.
They need attention, but if you have any mechanical skill at all, you should have no problem.
I say go for it, and be sure to post some pics.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Those bikes SUCKED!!!
(Forward the sale info to me please)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those bikes SUCKED!!!
(Forward the sale info to me please)
LMAO Thanks for the replies, I have a pretty good mechanical background. I usually do the maintenance on my vehicles and bikes. I have owned metric bikes in past but this is will be my first Harley.
Looking forward to it!!!

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Enjoy!!
I love my bikes, but I still miss my '82!!

(sometimes)

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
One plus, the '84 FLH has rear belt drive ! One negative, it still has a 4spd trans.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new here and would like to ask a few questions. I am looking at a 84 FLH. The motor was rebuilt 4,000 mi. ago. The bike has been kept inside and looks pretty good. I was wondering if there are any particulars about that bike I might need to know. Is there any thing that about it that means I should stay away from it?

Thanks,

George

That was my first bike. Sold it 2 years ago. Never game me any trouble. Great bike. Easy to work on. Post some pics if you purchase it.

~Ride Safe~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts