Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hawg Man
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes, new to the forum, I have an 04 Fatboy carbureted with a set of Vance n Hines shortys. It's currently in an Indy shop having the 88 inch brought to a 95 inch, boring jugs, FT pistons, putting in Andrews TW37 Cams, Arlen Ness Big sucker ac, Daytona twin tec ingnition, and having the new cam tensioner an oil setup updated. What can I expect when I get the bike back? horsepower, torque etc. Anyones thoughts? Thanks :)

·
Retired citizen
22,276 Posts
Wait ... The engine builders here will probably pick up on this thread pretty soon and come up with some numbers for ya.

·
Hawg Man
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just curious what the numbers would be, and also what the overall performance of the bike after the work is done. thanks again

·
Hawg Man
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the bike back recently and what a difference. It's like a whole new bike. I used Andrews 37N due to the cam plate conversion. The performance is unbelievable. The bike feels like it runs better, def sounds a lot better. Great performance and power. Worth every penny. I went to Harley dealer first and they shyed me away and gave me the impression that they didn't want to do it. I was pretty discouraged about that since I was a customer that was willing to spend the money for this, so a friend at work that rides referred me to a reputable indy shop, the mechanic said he wrenched for HD for years and couldn't stand them so he opened his own shop. Made me feel very comfortable and would not push me to buy anything unecessary. His labor rate was much less than HD also. He suggested all the parts I now currently have. Thanks to everyone on here I def researched and did my homework about the build on here and got a lot of information. Absolutely worth every penny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts