Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a enricher on my 2001 883 harley. would this modifacation give enough power to put a 29 tooth or bigger on the drive shaft? would i have to increase jetting? opinions?

·
V-Twin Junkie
101 Posts
Why do you want to change the gearing? A simple carb change won't magically change the power in a way that would mean gearing options should change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super e is generally used to supply better ratios to larger displacement engines such as 1200s or bigger but on my sportster it would add a noticable difference given the air/fuel control for optimal tuning but was curious to what exactly it would benifit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like say a turbo, updated coil ,changed ratio and switched to chain..maybe transmission to a 4 speed

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
but was curious to what exactly it would benifit.
S&S's bottom line

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One step toward it at a time. immediate highway use going 80 and id like to upgrade my first bike rather buy a new one just yet kinda have fun with it. but be distance functional. Do alot of distance long trips

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2006 883R turns about 4500 rpms at 80 in 5th. Feels like i need another gear. I dont ride long distances but i would like to reduce rpms also. Larger rear maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts