Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a enricher on my 2001 883 harley. would this modifacation give enough power to put a 29 tooth or bigger on the drive shaft? would i have to increase jetting? opinions?

·
V-Twin Junkie
117 Posts
Why do you want to change the gearing? A simple carb change won't magically change the power in a way that would mean gearing options should change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super e is generally used to supply better ratios to larger displacement engines such as 1200s or bigger but on my sportster it would add a noticable difference given the air/fuel control for optimal tuning but was curious to what exactly it would benifit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like say a turbo, updated coil ,changed ratio and switched to chain..maybe transmission to a 4 speed

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
but was curious to what exactly it would benifit.
S&S's bottom line

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One step toward it at a time. immediate highway use going 80 and id like to upgrade my first bike rather buy a new one just yet kinda have fun with it. but be distance functional. Do alot of distance long trips

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2006 883R turns about 4500 rpms at 80 in 5th. Feels like i need another gear. I dont ride long distances but i would like to reduce rpms also. Larger rear maybe?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
How often do you run 80 mph for any distance? ANY GEAR CHANGE HAS TRADE OFFS. Raising the overall gear ratio will cause low end problems. Just be aware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts