Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I’m looking for some help on a wiring issue I’m kinda stuck. I have a 2019 Sportster 883 Iron. The stock rear signal lights are signal lights running lights and brake lights all integrated. There is no central tail/brake light. I bought an under fender led tail/brake light. I want to separate the signal lights from the new brake light. In short, I want my signal lights to only work for turn signal and my tail light to only work as a running tail light and brake light. My stock wires are 3 wire for each side, both sides are black blue and purple. I’ve gotten them to work only when signal indicator is on, using only black and purple leaving the blue unused. I’ve also gotten my tail light to come on when ignition turns on as a running light but I can’t get it to brighten when I hit the brakes. Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is my second post to this forum and you all helped me greatly with my first so I look for your help again. Thank you all very much for your time.

·
Retired citizen
24,100 Posts
Find your rear brake switch. Follow the brake line forward from the rear caliper to the switch, the brake light wires are there. Check the wire colors and match those at the rear tail light.

Reactions: Gorillathehun
1 - 2 of 2 Posts