Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn and open to suggestion. There is nothing wrong with my 80CI evo. It has 25,xxx miles and runs great. I just want/need more power. I don't just want to keep up with the twin cams guys I want to pull away from them. I love to ride and take long trips (5-8 hours) regulary. I am looking for a motor that I can twist the throttle in any gear and have it take off plus be comfortible enough to take on my long trips. I have read that Stroking it to 89" makes awesome power and doesn't break the bank. I also have learned that there is a decent amount of vibration from that set up as well. The other way I am leaning is the S&S 111 complete engine. I can get it $5,400 shipped and it's a bolt in and go deal. Any input would be grealty appreciated. Oh I was also looking at superchargers with motor work but that route is 3rd or 4th on my list.

I ride a 96 Fatboy, stock 80" evo, andrews ev27 cam, dyna 2000 ignition module, mikuni 42mm carb, big sucker II air cleaner, python staggered chambered exhaust, high flow petcock, and a baker 6 speed.

I need more power!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that your set up? what did it cost? how is it at highway speeds long trips?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds great... I'm not sure on the rules here but if you can't post prices would you please PM me? I'd like more info... I am the type to cross all my t's and dot all my i's before making my decision. Thanks...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Okay, just got back from my mechanic. I am going with a Baker 6 speed, AXTELL 97" kit, head work, ballance flywheel, S&S .561 cam. I am thinking I should go to a 2-1 exhaust. I just don't know which one to get. My bike is stripped down like a bar hopper so I don't want this HUGE LONG pipe making it look out of place. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts