Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the few things that I miss from my Goldwing is how easy it was to check the air pressure and fill the tires. Has anyone installed metal 90 degree stems on their 2014 Ultras?

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
I was thinking I would get the 90-degree valve stems whenever it was time for tires on my RGC. But...., I bought the extension hose, about 6 or 7 inches long, at a HD dealer for, I think, $9.95 or so. Works great. On my rear tire I can reach up and screw it on the valve stem without even having to see it then check/fill/let out air very easily. And I have determined that when taking the extension off the tire valve stem I unscrew it as fast as possible and I only lose a 1/2 lb. of pressure so I compensate for that when I fill. And now I won't be buying 90-degree valve stems when I need tires.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,974 Posts
I was looking at them at Vance and Hines site. I was going to order some with my new rear tire , but were out of stock
They look like they would be slick for checking tire air pressure on the rear of the bike .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Why does everybody seem to dread removing the right saddlebag so much?

Harley bags come off almost effortlessly and IMO, you need to have an inspection look-see behind the bag almost as often as you need to check your TP anyway.

I never go more than 2 weeks without removing the bag and checking the pressures, and my pressures are stable at that interval.

--

·
Wayward Son
23,866 Posts
Why does everybody seem to dread removing the right saddlebag so much?

Harley bags come off almost effortlessly and IMO, you need to have an inspection look-see behind the bag almost as often as you need to check your TP anyway.

I never go more than 2 weeks without removing the bag and checking the pressures, and my pressures are stable at that interval.

--
This needs to be put in the thread about the chrome peeling on the rear wheel of Baggers. A little extra time and effort could easily prevent it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Last month at the dealership I was dreaming over a CVO RK when I noticed shiny chrome 90° valve stems on the wheels. Checked in parts and our guy did not know about them but found them in the book for $12. Next tire replacement.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Last month at the dealership I was dreaming over a CVO RK when I noticed shiny chrome 90° valve stems on the wheels. Checked in parts and our guy did not know about them but found them in the book for $12. Next tire replacement.
6 bucks for a screw on extension on ebay-usa seller also

That's great intel. Thanks for posting!

--

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Only issue with an extsion is you need to use it for checking/adding only, should be removed after each use, since the rubber valve stem isnt designed to have the extension dangling on it at speed, it will eventually brake the valve stem down and creat a leak if not brake it off completely. That is why most aftermarket tpms sensors say not to use with rubber valve stems. Only use with metal valve stem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts