Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a very slow leak coming from the wire from thr bottom of the tank gauge to the plug. I will attach pictures, anyone know what a fix could be?

·
Retired citizen
23,086 Posts
Pull the fuel cap up and check the gasket. The cap just pulls right up outta the tank, wire will be attached. The gasket is under the sending unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the fuel cap up and check the gasket. The cap just pulls right up outta the tank, wire will be attached. The gasket is under the sending unit.
Ok, thank you for that, was having a tome getting the cap off but that acrewdriver idea worked good. Inside i saw alot of flaked paint, a plate with 3 screws, 2 leads that were attached to the plate, and a hole that the cables went to the outside of the bottom of the tank. Those 3 screws were not very tight, so i tightened those and buttoned it all back up, gonna see if that does it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you for that, was having a tome getting the cap off but that acrewdriver idea worked good. Inside i saw alot of flaked paint, a plate with 3 screws, 2 leads that were attached to the plate, and a hole that the cables went to the outside of the bottom of the tank. Those 3 screws were not very tight, so i tightened those and buttoned it all back up, gonna see if that does it.
Well still leaking, i didnt see a gasket in there, do i have to take that plate out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts