Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find a replacement tank for a 93 FXDWG I'm going through. Mine has two pretty good dents from a PO. 93 & 94 tanks are usually advertised separately from later 95 up carbureted Dyna's. Anyone know why? Are the frames or mounting that much different? I can't get a straight answer from say J&P or Dennis Kirk or any other parts source. Just a no or yes for the same aftermarket tank's (Of course no one has a new tank in stock now anyway) All the used tanks I have found are also damaged and even then are priced up there! Would like a Harley tank or one that is at least 5 gal. Stock is like 4.7. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
25,770 Posts
How bad are the dents?
It'll cost less to fix what you have than buy another tank and then paint it to match the fenders.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I have a '92 FXDL Dyna. Back in the mid '90's I wanted an extra tank and perused the catalogs and Ebay. From what I REMEMBER, wide glide tanks mount differently in the rear, as well as having different console mounting brackets, and petcock location. I ended up with what I think was a '94 FXD tank and the only difference I can see is the petcock location. I never mounted it. I know this isn't much help, just adding what I remember.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts