Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all 👋🏻 A bit of advice would be great if anyone can help. I just tried fitting a forward control kit from amazon ([ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QPSY87R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]) that is supposed to fit all without crash guard or 2 into 1. After numerous hours (entire job start to finish approx 6 hours and I have 30 years workshop experience) of tweaking and prying and filing, come to refit the front exhaust pipe only to find it fouls the brake pedal and can’t be used. At this point, I was so fed up I just pulled all the kit back off and returned it back to original mid controls. The steel support for the brake master cylinder was broken, so welded that back together. That’s one plus point I guess. It’s a Chinese made part that had I known, I would not have bought it. All that being said, I would still like forward controls but don’t want to have to replace the exhausts too (they have the perfect volume so as not to scare my wife when we’re riding alongside each other, but loud enough just to frustrate some annoying neighbours 😏). Does anyone know of a reasonably priced kit that will still fit? I may need to go universal and manufacture my own mountings - but would rather a bolt on unit that works out of the box.
Thanks for your time and input!

ps. This is my first foot into HD ownership and I’m loving every minute, apart from the cramp at the top of my leg which is why forward controls are so important. Thanks again.

·
Retired citizen
22,291 Posts
Sounds like you might have an aftermarket exhaust. Those forward kits are designed to fit with the factory stock exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts