Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 road king and last year had a re-man done on my motor and I have been hearing lifter noise so I took it back in and had harley davidson look at it since it is still under warranty. This is what they found, one of the lifters was not getting enough oil so the changed all the valves, now its ticking very loud, white smoke out of my pipes and back firing in the motor and drives me nuts, so I took it back in again. can anyone tell me what mit be going on?????? I can work on my own bike and fid the problem but since it is under warranty I can't touch it but I just don't want them to tell me a bunch of bull sh.......t they have in the past like the rattle / tick thats just the oil they used they said...........what ever I'm not that stupid..... Can anyone help?????????????:feedback::feedback::feedback:

·
evohogfarts
1,512 Posts
Well Ser, :welcome
Valve springs week, broke
cam:
lifters: {weak spring}
Pushrods : the seat end of pushrod into lifter worn making oil spray out the sides and not up the push rod
Lifter blocks : When the walls of the blocks where the lifters slide get worn, lifters dont pick up enought oil
And when its HOT it will still tic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts