Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I will be picking up my first harley within the next week. I went and checked out a 96 electra glide yesterday, 9019 original miles, always well maintained and garage kept... got a smoking deal on it too. I'm a pretty big and tall guy, 6'3" and 300 lbs. The stock seat just didn't feel right on the bike. I'm hoping to find one that will move me up and back a little bit so that I'm in a more comfortable position. I spent some time last night looking for a seat online, but didn't see any for a 96, I saw plenty for 97 and up bikes though. I was hoping you all might be able to direct me on where to look. Thank you everyone.

·
Just Ride
3,770 Posts
C&C seats ,they can modify your seat to fit your ass .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello everyone, I will be picking up my first harley within the next week. I went and checked out a 96 electra glide yesterday, 9019 original miles, always well maintained and garage kept... got a smoking deal on it too. I'm a pretty big and tall guy, 6'3" and 300 lbs. The stock seat just didn't feel right on the bike. I'm hoping to find one that will move me up and back a little bit so that I'm in a more comfortable position. I spent some time last night looking for a seat online, but didn't see any for a 96, I saw plenty for 97 and up bikes though. I was hoping you all might be able to direct me on where to look. Thank you everyone.
Your options will include any FL seat set up from 94 to 96 on your frame. That will expand your choices a little bit. So that means you can look at Road King set ups as an example.

I'm a big guy too and I rode a 96 Road King for quite a while. The most comfortable seat that I found was an air ride police solo seat. Mustang makes a nice solo seat and also a matching passenger seat that looks great.

My second favorite seat was a Corbin with a backrest that I could pull out and stash in a saddle bag.

In my opinion the 1996 Evo FL platform is as good as it gets, bullet proof and reliable. You picked a great year.

Welcome to the forum and let's see some pix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately all the big name manufacturers that I'm aware of don't offer an off the shelf extended reach seat. It looks like I'll be needing to pick up a used one to send out and be redone. Any advice on where to pick up a used seat for cheap? And any places besides c&c that you might recommend to build a seat based on my height and weight? I had someone mention checking out mean city cycles as well.

·
Just Ride
3,770 Posts
If you were in central Florida,Sick Saddles in Lakeland is recommended. I just had a lepra recovered by them. Lifetime warranty and they'll adjust to your comfort for the life of the seat. Which would be a long time.

·
Registered
42,165 Posts
C&C seats ,they can modify your seat to fit your ass .
Corbin quit modifying stock seats cause of the MoCo threatening to sue them for that.

·
Just Ride
3,770 Posts
Damn, didn't know that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts