Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Road King FLHRI ( fuel injected) with Goodridge quick connects that are leaking. I cannot locate the o rings for this and looking to replace the line. I do not want to go with goodridge, is there a better solution to replace the fuel lines with quick connects that will not leak within 2 yrs.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
The check valves inside the tank bungs are probably loose, common problem. The tool to tighten them looks like a drag link socket with the center notched out leaving only a tang on each end, or better yet the tool used to unscrew a watch bezel.
The factory service manual is your friend !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
96 road king fuel line leak

I'm positive this one is leaking from the o ring on the quick connect. I pulled it off and the o ring crumbled in my hand. I'm not sure I want to go with the quick connect again looking for a less expensive alternative.

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
You've got that dual hose setup that screws into the tank bungs right, not the quick detach lines ? When you have the lines both off check to see that the check valves are tight while you're at it.
The last time I had to replace those lines on a bike the only ones available from the MoCo were expensive braided stainless lines.
The o-rings should be available at your local hardware store, metric.
Or Fastenal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have the 2 lines from the tank and was using standard o rings. I will pickup Metrics today and see if I can get it sealed. If not I will get a line made with the ends which will fit the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts