Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums .... Just finished break in on my 110 kit and the power and overall performance is great . But I’ve noticed it has a chirping noise under a load when accelerating.. It has 11.1 pistons and I’m not mixing race gas on this build as of yet . I need to know if this is just the extra compression making this noise or if it’s the gas possibly.. Or if it’s something to worry about at all . Doesn’t do it all the time . Just under heavy acceleration .. Thanks in advance

·
Just Ride
3,106 Posts
Most likely it's your rear belt rubbing against the swingarm. Especially if you lowered it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely it's your rear belt rubbing against the swingarm. Especially if you lowered it.
This noise is in time with the pistons coming up to TDC .. like I said it’s a chirping noise .. maybe an exhaust leak ? Idk . I was afraid it has something to do with the pistons or piston rings .. when you back out of the throttle and level off the rpms it goes away ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Detonation? Extra Compression doesn't make noise.
I’m planning on going over my exhaust bolts and mix a gallon of 110 octane with the gas and see .. It’s a chirp or ping sound at TDC every time it fires under acceleration.. puzzling too me . I’m afraid it has a cracked ring or something along those lines.. being my worst fear

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Look closely for a cylinder head gasket leak. They will chirp - as will many other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts