Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2001 Road King and I am going into the cam chest for the hydraulic upgrade on chain tensioners and upgrade the cams. Noticed online they have 97" or 98" cylinders and don't see the 95 kits a lot. Anyone have any experience with the bigger kits? Heat issues etc.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
You should not have heat issues with what you want to do. It is like everything else on a air cooled engine -If it is 100 deg. out and you are in stop and go traffic, you will overheat. Keep it moving and you will be fine.
I went from a 88 to 97" with cams and never had an issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
add a Jagg oil cooler...great insurance for under $400

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Have a 2001 Road King and I am going into the cam chest for the hydraulic upgrade on chain tensioners and upgrade the cams. Noticed online they have 97" or 98" cylinders and don't see the 95 kits a lot. Anyone have any experience with the bigger kits? Heat issues etc.
We've been boring those cylinders here from 88-98" since 2006, and 96-107" since 2007 using our proprietary Wiseco/Cometic kits.
Have happy clients in the Middle East, Canada, all across the USA, New Zealand, and Austraila with them.
As they say down under, "no worries mate".:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever boring/torque honing your existing cylinders.
I've machined 3 sets this week so far.:)
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts