Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a lowering kit in my 1998 Roadking,any body done it??Or should I go to shorter shocks and get rid of the air shocks?? I just bought it with only 12,000 miles and its a little too high for me.Looking for info etc.Upsate NY

·
Banned
71 Posts
I want to put a lowering kit in my 1998 Roadking,any body done it??Or should I go to shorter shocks and get rid of the air shocks?? I just bought it with only 12,000 miles and its a little too high for me.Looking for info etc.Upsate NY
Having your seat reworked will lower you two inches or more.
It is also cheaper than replacing your shocks too. :thumbsup

:coffee:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I did the diy airride with corvette air shocks. I have less than 200 bucks into it and the ride is amazing. Can drop down 4 inches below stock without hitting the fender or wiring and then airs up to an inch over stock height while cruising.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I did the diy airride with corvette air shocks. I have less than 200 bucks into it and the ride is amazing. Can drop down 4 inches below stock without hitting the fender or wiring and then airs up to an inch over stock height while cruising.
Do you have a part # or brand and where you bought them??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Any parts store. Ask for Monroe tow package air shocks for a 68 thru 80 corvette. They come with air lines. You will have to drill the top bushing to 1\2 inch and trim the bottom bushing to length. If you Google diy harley airride there's lots of info on the web.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I just ordered the dirty air kit for my bike. Starting on install tonight. Had to get some extra tubing b/c my bike has abs and the best place I can think of to mount compressor is inside the fairing. I'm anxious to see how it performs since it costs so much less than a lot of other air ride set ups.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Do you have a part # or brand and where you bought them??
And the suspension bug is is hitting me! Dave, I still have to get that socket to you, for now all is well with the primary no leaks! Let me know if you are doing this project, I might do it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I basically copied the dirty bird kit but by ordering parts separately from eBay and my local parts house I saved 200 bucks. Works great and the ride us far better than stock.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A friend gave me a set of these lowering blocks he had on a streetglide he traded in. Harley Road Glide lowering Kit Adjustable 200​2 2012 | eBay
They were super easy to put on with a lift, really cheap, have 3 different heights, and didn't effect my handling. I lowered my bike 1" in the rear, I thought about going lower but was concerned about scraping.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I basically copied the dirty bird kit but by ordering parts separately from eBay and my local parts house I saved 200 bucks. Works great and the ride us far better than stock.
I'm can't wait to get to try the air ride. Hope to have my bike back together in the next week or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts