Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is this exhaust system compatible with a 1994 sportster XLH?

Harley Davidson FXD 1450 Exhaust System Pipes / 6589-00 / 65094-00

Thanks for thinking about it!

Yikes

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I have a fully stock exhaust system from a '93 XLH 1200 that would work. Entire system, with the built in crossover pipe. It would work very well on your bike, and you could add slip on mufflers for a pretty decent performance exhaust system.

This system includes the headers AND stock mufflers, baffles and all. Chrome, in very good condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your comment. I am attempting to make a reasonable looking Bronson tribute bike from a '94 Sportster. The FXD exhaust would be a close match looks wise to the pipes on the original Bronson bikes. I will most likely end up with pipes and slip on mufflers unless another route is discovered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey LilJo,

Thanks for mentioning the exhaust you have available. The crossover pipe would work normally except the Bronson bike look I am after doesn't use it. Thanks again for the mention.

Yikes

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Now that we know what you have in mind maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
There are probably hundreds of pipe manufacturers out there. You should be able to get at least close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey LilJo -

I've been thinking about your exhaust system that you described. The crossover that you mentioned, is it the pipe that goes between the header pipes and located below the air filter, or do you mean the crossover pipe that connects between the mufflers?
Thanks again!

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Hi,

Is this exhaust system compatible with a 1994 sportster XLH?

Harley Davidson FXD 1450 Exhaust System Pipes / 6589-00 / 65094-00

Thanks for thinking about it!

Yikes
My poore knowledge and listening some opened sporty bafflers is for me the best sound on the earth.

This bafflers you can instal on sporty or on road king ...

But some adjustments should be done ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts