Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 4 day weekend. We've been planning this for over a month. Starting at 8am I've ran around crazy getting the RV ready to go. Checked everything got air in everything, hooked up the battery and started it. Flushed the water system and filled the tank. Started loading it up wit all our shit. Got the bike on the trailer and I back the RV up to the trailer and hooked it up. I needed to get back into a side compartment but I needed the keys to unlock it. I shut the RV off, put my shit away and then the mutherfvckin RV won't start!!! It cranks but nothing else. Goddammmother****insonofabitch! Its 4pm and I got this big fvcking RV full of our shit, dead in the middle of my fvcking driveway now!!!!!!!

It could of been worse...we could of been on the road and it took a shit. Instead, it was just as we were about to pull out. I unloaded the bike, grabbed the coffee pot and all our daily meds and went inside and sat in my chair.

I was right fvcking proud of myself though. I didn't throw, kick or break anything. And the RV isn't in flames.

I'm done.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Got a 4 day weekend. We've been planning this for over a month. Starting at 8am I've ran around crazy getting the RV ready to go. Checked everything got air in everything, hooked up the battery and started it. Flushed the water system and filled the tank. Started loading it up wit all our shit. Got the bike on the trailer and I back the RV up to the trailer and hooked it up. I needed to get back into a side compartment but I needed the keys to unlock it. I shut the RV off, put my shit away and then the mutherfvckin RV won't start!!! It cranks but nothing else. Goddammmother****insonofabitch! Its 4pm and I got this big fvcking RV full of our shit, dead in the middle of my fvcking driveway now!!!!!!!

It could of been worse...we could of been on the road and it took a shit. Instead, it was just as we were about to pull out. I unloaded the bike, grabbed the coffee pot and all our daily meds and went inside and sat in my chair.

I was right fvcking proud of myself though. I didn't throw, kick or break anything. And the RV isn't in flames.

I'm done.
Do you have the Factory Service Manual.???????
:laugh :rollin :rofl:

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Yea, :think but how's the dog?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,469 Posts
I thought you were gonna say you lost the key to the beer box.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Man, I feel your pain. That's the way my scoot does. Hence the name "cantankerous Bitch"....

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,329 Posts
Oh man what a tough break. That is so frustrating, but I couldn't tell if you were from reading your post.

I am sorry to hear the news. I know you've been planning this for a while.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have the Factory Service Manual.???????
:laugh :rollin :rofl:
No manual but I'm gonna ride in today and barrow a code reader. More and more its sounding like the fuel pump. I'hoping I get lucky and its just a fuse, relay or a "crankcase position sensor" which I read is pretty common and would shut down the duel pump.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
No other words for it, that F-ing sucks, Da Mack. Could put a positive spin on it n jus party on in the driveway. Ya, right, that jus f-ing sucks. Take a nice little ride on the scoot to clear ur head, then deal with it.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
That would be my luck as well. That really sucks.

·
Registered
982 Posts

I'm done.

Damn Mack, good you got it off your chest thru a little ventilation. Hope everything comes out OK for you. We don't know one another, but I'm glad I wasn't around you when all this shit was taking place.

·
Registered
710 Posts
At least no tow bill or crawlin around tryin to fix it on the road----could have been worse

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update!
Checked some fuses and found nothing. Wiggled a relay then tried one more time to start it this morning before swapping relays. It cranked for a little bit and then it fired up....BASTARD!
Runs just fine now. I did put a charger on the battery last night but nothing else different. I got it moved out of the middle of drive now we get to unload it. Gonna go ride tho this afternoon and see a grand kid.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We have all had those days when you should have stayed in bed and pulled the covers over your head...LOL. I'm proud of you for not breaking anything...LOL.
Let's see, I prescribe a heaping portion of your beverage of choice and do a mental delete on it...
Ps last time I went off like that and did not control myself, I kicked what I thought was an empty bucket...it was full of metal dogs for my concrete forms...so much for my foot and crunched toes...LOL. Hey, the good thing was I instantly forgot about the BIG issue...LOL.
Hope it works out. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
haha that sucks man. had that happen a few times. get all ready to go then hope in an nothing. it does make u want to smash shit for sure,.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts