Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been quiet on the forums for a couple days trying to get my anger down before posting here. A few days ago some dickhead tried to steal my beloved Sally. He tried to back it out of my carport (I WISH I had a garage!) and dumped it into my neighbors car (I'm in a duplex with a shared driveway.) Then the guy picked it back up and got it into the driveway and dumped it completely on its side making a loud crashing sound which I heard. I ran upstairs to grab my gun before going outside to see what was up, but by the time I made it out there he was gone and just left my bike laying in the damned driveway!

Fairing

Crash Bar and lower fairing

Saddlebag Guard

Exhaust

Fender Skirt

Other than the fairing the rest of the stuff if pretty much out of sight. My initial estimate today totaled up to around $1200 after my deductible, but I am still waiting to get the shop estimate as well as weather or not insurance is gonna pay out (Still an open investigation.) So I'm trying to plan some upgrades. I am hoping that after the fairing gets fixed I'll be looking at around 900 to 1k left and I am thinking of an intake as well as a tuner, and possibly cams depending on what kind of deal I can scratch out. I already have V&H slip-ons.

For the tuner I am planning on the PCV, but I am open to suggestions and the reason why you would pick it.
Dynojet Power Commander V | 711-851 | J&P Cycles

For the intake I am really liking the looks of these.

Roland Sands
Roland Sands Design Contrast-cut Turbine Air Cleaner | 404-612 | J&P Cycles
Roland Sands Design Black Ops Turbine Air Cleaner | 363-154 | J&P Cycles

Arlen Ness
Arlen Ness Inverted Series 10-Gauge Black Air Cleaner Kit | 160-840 | J&P Cycles
Arlen Ness Inverted Series Deep Cut Black Air Cleaner Kit | 693-657 | J&P Cycles

Judging by the prices I believe cams are probably out of the question, but just for S&G's what would yall truely recomend for someone on a tight budget, but looking for better low end torque for riding two up that also provides great power at interstate speeds to be able to make passing a little faster...

If cams fall through this time here are the grips I'm gonna pick up.
Arlen Ness Black Deep Cut Comfort Grips | 224-103 | J&P Cycles

Please let me know what you guys think.

Oh yeah... and my neighbors car door!

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Sorry to hear that your bike was messed up in such a crappy manner and it sucks that the perp got away, but it's great to hear your taking it well and planning upgrades!

I would call FuelMoto and ask what they suggest for a tuner. The advice and service from them is top notch. Know your pipes and air cleaner choices before you order, they send out the tuners with maps for your set up and then, will follow up if tweaks are needed.

You can save a little scratch by getting either the basic air cleaner kit from Harley or an Arlen Ness Big Sucker. They are very similar, and considerably cheaper than most other options, while allowing plenty of air flow for most street motors.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I would have loved to have seen what you would have done to him if you had him red handed. I personally would probably sitting in jail right now because I would have been still beating the snot out of him when the cops arrived. Or in a friendlier state than mine they would have rolled up to find him with three more ventilation holes. Sorry to here about your baby. It's time to chain it to a BFR ( big effing rock ) as we call it in the fd or get a disk alarm at a minimum. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I effing hate thieves. Caught two kids once in the back of my camper shell on my truck. I scared the hell out of them and took them to their house and met their Dad. He was livid, I don't know what punishment they received, but I think their life of crime was at an end.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if I had caught him red handed he would have been held at gunpoint until the mp's arrived. If he would have charged... 17 of my "best friends" 9mm JHP'S would have prevented him from changing his mind.

I have looked at the big suckered and they do come in at a better price point, but they aren't going after the hard edge machined look that I'm going for overall.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
To bad you didn't get a bead on the bastard...there is a facebook page for stolen HD's around the country...you would bee surprised how many get stole everyday...there are a bunch getting stole around OKC, and Tulsa,Ok...one after the other....

·
Registered
43,122 Posts
Damm, that sucks man. And on base too?

Course I did have someone smash out the headlight on my bike on base.

Scumbags everywhere. :mad

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
How did he unlock the fork?

--

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
You might think about a motion alarm also. I did one on my old bike, you couldn't sit on it or take it off the side stand without it going off. Just a thought. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Man that sucks. I've had my fair share of break-ins lately, so I know how you feel.

as far as cams go, there are many very good choices. I have the HD 255's and they would meet your expectations as you listed. Are there better torque cams out there? Yes there are. And I would pick one of them, but the 255's were already in my bike when I got it.

good luck with everything. and my suggestion would be not to hold the guy at gun point, take the bastard out. in texas, you are allowed to protect your property unlike here in Oklahoma.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man that sucks. I've had my fair share of break-ins lately, so I know how you feel.

as far as cams go, there are many very good choices. I have the HD 255's and they would meet your expectations as you listed. Are there better torque cams out there? Yes there are. And I would pick one of them, but the 255's were already in my bike when I got it.

good luck with everything. and my suggestion would be not to hold the guy at gun point, take the bastard out. in texas, you are allowed to protect your property unlike here in Oklahoma.
Well that is true I live on fort hood which is federal property. Different set of rules and everything is automatically a felony.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fingerprints?
Yeah the perp left finger prints, and I should be able to pick up the police report tomorrow and hopefully they have a guy in custody. Either way my insurance has already stated they are going to cover it! I'm taking my bike in tomorrow to my preferred shop for inspection and possibly a higher estimate for repairs. :what?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.