Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Just bought my 08 Sportster in June and love it except for the horn (which doesn't really grab anyone's attention). Are there after market horns or any other ideas out there (that don't require modifcations)? Many thanks in advance! David

·
Registered
39,572 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply but that kit will not work on the 08 sportster. my local dealer and I researched it and the frame does not have a place for the bracket to mount even though Harley has it listed in the parts book. must keep looking...any other idea's?

·
Registered
39,572 Posts
It doesn't bolt to the frame, it mounts between the cylinders on the left side.

·
Registered
39,572 Posts
You will also need PN# 69120-91, it's the bracket that actually bolts to the cylinder heads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my 08 is fuel injected but I think your suggestion along with that bracket will work. Any other extra hardware / wires needed? Thanks! Yours looks cool! I appreciate the help! Best regards, David

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
fingers crossed hoping they still drill and tap the bracket holes for the aforementioned bracket.

·
Registered
39,572 Posts
my 08 is fuel injected but I think your suggestion along with that bracket will work. Any other extra hardware / wires needed? Thanks! Yours looks cool! I appreciate the help! Best regards, David
Thanks, but that bike isn't mine. I found the info on the horn kit here:

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=305303

From what it sounds like, all you will have to do is lift the tank to reroute the horn wires from the front part of the frame, and reroute the wires to the left side. No wire extensions etc were mentioned.

·
Registered
39,572 Posts
fingers crossed hoping they still drill and tap the bracket holes for the aforementioned bracket.

I believe they still do. As far as I know, the only heads that aren't drilled and tapped are Buell heads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts