Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
My buddy has an "06" Soft tail 88" he only has 6,000 miles now but was thinking when he needs new cam chain tensioners..........maybe going to gear drive cam setup? Can you give me an appx. idea of the cost for such a conversion? Another question is.........are gear drive cams really noisy? Thank you.
Colt.45

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I'd be VERY surprised if there was even noticeable wear on a set of 2006 tensioners with 6k on the clock.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Chasarms........he was talking about after 20,000 miles or so............if they need replacing.
Colt.45

·
On the loose
8,725 Posts
He could go with the Cyco tensioner shoes when it's time , there better material than the OEM ones and will last much longer for alot less than a gear drive , throw in some S&S 509 chain drive cams and Timken inner cam Bearings , Zippers oil spring , ajustable push rods make the job easier but not required your right around $700 buying online and doing it your self , subtract from that if you dont use the adj pushrods.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Duce..........I'll pass it on to him.
Colt.45

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
He could go with the Cyco tensioner shoes when it's time , there better material than the OEM ones and will last much longer for alot less than a gear drive , throw in some S&S 509 chain drive cams and Timken inner cam Bearings , Zippers oil spring , ajustable push rods make the job easier but not required your right around $700 buying online and doing it your self , subtract from that if you dont use the adj pushrods.

Took the words out of my mouth...:thumbsup:thumbsup
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts