Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have no doubts these questions have been asked a thousand times over..but i just cant seem to find the answers im looking for.

im a technician for toyota so i understand ecu, o2 sensors, their function ect. ect.

i also am well versed in the PCIII as ive been runing one on my quad for over a year and a half now. i know how to use it, tune it, set it up the whole 9.

heres my problem...somehow in my head i just cant get my mind wrapped around, knowing how the o2's and ecu work in tandem..how in the hell does the PCIII get around the o2's? it seems to me that no matter how rich you make the map..the o2 will see it and tell the ecu to lean it right back out.
granted ive not seen one set up on a harley yet, but i just cant get my mind around this unless its that obvious its eluding me. i feel like an idiot asking..but how else am i going to figure it out ya know? :D

also ive seen somewhere, i cant remember where, talk of an o2 eliminator? what the hell is that besides the obvious and how does it work if anyone has experience with this thing?

and last but not least...after all is said and done..map loaded, fuel is richer, engine cooler and happier and me with a ten mile wide grin...lets say o2's have been eliminated or bypassed or even fooled, what about the ecu and the infamous check engine light? ive seen o2's burn out from a rich mixture so eventually thats going to be an issue too right?

sorry for going on and on..but like i said, i just cant get my head around this and its driving me insane as im sure you can tell by my rambling :rofl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
excellent answer, thank you!! i think i see where your going with this.

ok, lets see if i got this now..so the PCIII actually goes between the 02's and the ecu allowing it to alter the signal before it even gets there hence in turn allowing the ecu to play ball with the PCIII. that would make sense, i figured it would have to at some point. thats what kept throwing me off.

so to have total control over the fuel management, the best thing to do is get the eliminator kit AND PCIII and go to work. :cheers:

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Dave63;30086 Harley's lowband O2 sensors generally monitor cruising speeds and do very little in the low end ranges. .[/QUOTE said:
I think the narrow band O2 sensors on the Harleys can only adjust for an AFR change of a couple of tenths of a point then it just reverts to the map.

And who the hell is Larry?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts