Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright everyone I've been looking for an amazing wax. I've tried many & haven't been impressed! What's your favorite?

·
Registered
10,870 Posts
Will never use wax again. Tried some Lucas Spray Mist my indy (a Lucas products distributor) gave me a couple of years ago. Wow! What glossy shine and very little work to apply it. I had tried some spray products years ago and wasn't impressed but this Lucas stuff is fantastic.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I have two milk crates full of paint products. The Meguires and Mothers 4 or 5 level kits, all other near the top (no $30+ bottles) brands, but none of the miracle synthetics. For the car and truck for ease of use and lasting water beading is Meguires cleaner/polish in the purplish bottle. For the final shine on the bikes, I think one of the Meguires ultimate carnuba's is my favorite.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I like Turtle Wax Ice as a spray-on detailer and I also like Bugslide . . . not only does it remove the bugs from my bike, it also leaves a nice shine. I carry a small bottle with me so I can use it on the road.

Reactions: EstebanSteve

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Check out griots garage for lots of products, They have a 3 in 1 wax and ceramic sealent that really shines. Two coats works real good. I also buffed a old car with one of there scratch creams and couldn't believe how well it performed. Try it youll love it.

·
Former Lurker
2,822 Posts
I went with the do it yourself Ceramic coatig from avalonkings. Easy to put on and looks great. Very tough stuff.

·
Road Junkie
1,909 Posts
Usually go for a bikini wax, but sometimes will splurge on a full mont.

Reactions: 10-64

·
Old Skool
497 Posts
Colonite 845, you can order it off Amazon. Protection, Amazing Shine, Easy on and off.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
And so it begins: I picked up a Meguiar's Smooth surface Clay kit on my way home today. The Ultra is about to get dirty clean, then i'm going to hit it with a Ceramic wax. My current consideration is the Girot's with the Meguiar's pulling in close... Pictures to fallow.

Reactions: Pred8er and Kainam

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
And so it begins: I picked up a Meguiar's Smooth surface Clay kit on my way home today. The Ultra is about to get dirty clean, then i'm going to hit it with a Ceramic wax. My current consideration is the Girot's with the Meguiar's pulling in close... Pictures to fallow.
I am kicking myself right now! The last time i waxed my Ultra, i was stupid! I water washed the bike then cleared off all the water spots with detailing spray (all good so-far). BUT then, I used some (as in a little) rubbing compound on a nasty scratch that i awarded myself by using a microfiber that had a small piece of metal debris in it that went unnoticed. This scratch ran from the fuel port, down along the tank all the way to the front of the seat. ON BOTH SIDES EVEN! I fallowed that with a touch of scratch and swirl compound. Again just a little...

STUPID Why the F**K didn't i detail the ENTIRE bike then?? Oh, i was in a hurry, because i wanted the bike lookin' all spiffy for the next days scheduled ride. (That turned into a GIANT FLOP anyways!) The wax i had used was Mother's Synthetic Wax. It did an absolute wonderful job of sealing in all my old swirl marks. It looked nice, if you didn't get right up on the paintwork..

I have NO complaint with Mothers products. This F-up was 100% on ME.

So today's project: What should and could have taken a couple hours (at the most) to prep the bike for the Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic wax. Has taken all fkkn day so far! I'm not 1/2 way around the bike on prep YET... I refuse to go get a DA buffer to speed this up. I am rubbing it out 100% by hand. Just maybe this will teach me something!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The good news: It is 103 degrees outside, so its too hot to ride. I had cut a hole in the A/C chiller box and made a swing patch for it, years ago. So the bikes and i are hangin' out in the air-conditioned garage. Yes, i am still breaking a sweat though! I deserve it!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm thinking this stuff is going to be impressive:

First pic: first coat, no flash
2nd pic: same shot with flash on

3rd pic same no flash

4th, same shot with flash on.

This is my first coat, first impression. So far today only the front fairing with Griot's 3-in-1 waiting 12 to 24 hours for the final coat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts