Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close call this morning. I had just gotten off a 14 hour shift night shift. Ran errands for an hour. Then I started the 50 minute ride home. Everything was great till about 5 minutes from home, I glanced off to my right at some people in their yard. When I looked back up the two vehicles in front of me were no longer moving. I hit both brakes and left an impressive skid mark, but was not stopping. Right before impact, I let off brakes and threaded the small space between the white line and edge of the pavement. After I got past the vechicles, I realized the engine cut off so I restarted and kept goin like nothing happened.
Lessons Learned:
1. ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION!!!
2. If I am too tired too ride, DON'T!!!
3. Don't get distracted.
There are enough drivers out there doing their best to kill me, no need in me trying to help them do it.
I hope noone else is as stupid as me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It never fails. As soon as I take my eyes off the road, something weird happens. Sometimes it takes will power not to be distracted by things going on in the periphery, but you have to keep focused on the task at hand. This I know.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Good reminder.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
It happens, mine was on a curve with a ditch, almost, I did run off the road

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Will sure a person one more reason to change their under shorts.

It is also a lesson that tends to stay with you for a long time. Mine was looking at a couple of cuties years ago by the beach, then looking up at an opened door from a parked car. Way to close I can still close my eyes and see that in every detail like it happened an hour ago.

That was July 4th 1985.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Good reminders, thanks for posting your story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts