Harley Davidson Forums banner

A newbie to the forum, to HD, and the area

3K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Marinejunkie41 
#1 ·
Evening all,
I recently bought a house in SE Kansas, and the property came with a 1984 FLHTC 1340, not running, but all is there. I've never owned a Harley, never ridden anything larger than a 600cc Ninja, and never wrenched on motorcycles at all. So I am here to work through getting this thing to life.

#3 ·
This just might get interesting! :unsure:

Seriously, welcome to the forum. This sounds like a fun project.

1st things first:
Find or order a Harley Davidson Repair Manual. Not one of those Cylmer or Chiltons but one from Harley. Worst case, they run about $140 or so from the Dealerships Parts Desk. They can order one for any year! (Take your Vin# with you, just in case you need to order keys? or want to know the paint codes and description)
EDIT:
Pictures, we love Pictures!

#15 ·
i'm in coffeyville. i go through or near sedan all the time during spring summer and fall. for the next couple of months maybe not so much. this winter is proving to be not so ride friendly as a normal year. anyway documentation help would be no problem. don't know what ya have in mind but i'm pretty much next door.

#12 ·
#26 ·
Got a question about compensators. The compensator on my 2010 Ultra is shot... I looked at Baker and BDL. The cost between the two are very wide.. The Baker is about $500 and from what I read- the rotor has to be replaced for this to fit. The BDL is about $230 but it uses 2 Nylatron (nylon) washers which I am not sure about. Anyone had any issues with either?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.