Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A post for the Dyna Forum!

Took the WG down a local county road last weekend. Late autumn. Cool temps. Brought along the sportcam from Samsung. Not the finest recording device around but hard to beat the simple form factor! Put the remote cam on the side of the helmet. Recorded the ride to a gourmet lunch destination ;). Up and down hills, along a river, passed through a small town, passed through three forest fire areas.

Two different artists, same tune accompanying. A longish eight minute vid to squeeze the two tunes in. Hey, perhaps the cooler weather has you in the mood for a virtual longer ride anyway!

A Colorado County Road on a Late Autumn Day

Location of the recording with points noted in the vid...

A section of the road from the recording...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice ride!!

I'm going to have to live vicariously through videos like this for a few months. Just decided to store the bikes today since the forecast looks horrible for at least another week (with snow and salt on the way....) :(

At least winter gives some guilt-free time to do winter mods with no real downtime....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in southwest Michigan (Grand Rapids). I was in your area a few years ago and it would be a great place to ride.

Yeah, my BMW addiction is pretty bad--I had a K1200RS for 2 years, then test drove the 2005 K12S and didn't like it. Tested the 2006 this spring and it felt totally different so I got one. Then I made the mistake of trying the R12S and loved that too so I found a spot for one. The lease is up on my X5 in a year and I already found the replacement in the new 335i.

Just have a 'thing' for German engineering--like the V-Rod.......

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I used to live in GR (North of Ada, not far from Pettis and Five Mile) and also 28th SW in Wyoming. Was in GR last week when it snowed and paid a visit to Meijer HQ. Used to ride all over Michigan with my wife before the kids came along, visiting small lakes (And the big lake) all the time. Just love western and northern Michigan.

BTW, I ride a K1200S and R1200S. Used to have a K12RS and V-Rod. Stay connected here man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts