Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Did I see a zoom while you were riding? How did you do that? Uploading vid on the web usually requires a small(er) file size thus lower resolution.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the Vid. Always fun too see other people's rides. Still too cold here to break out the camera. I have some good, short, local ride planned though. Stay tuned.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Hey RB... That turned out great! Yeah, always a bit of a disappointment when YouTube downsizes it, but it still was a great ride. Looked like a pretty day for a sweet cruise.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Oh yes, I can relate :(. For personal use I'm sure the 365mb version is a blast to re-ride... but not web friendly.

For web distribution you have three choices to make it download/viewing friendly...

1). Reduce the size/resolution... something between 360x240 to 720x480.

2). Reduce the bit rate. something between 512k to 1024k.

3). Reduce the length of the vid.

Or a combination of all three above!

FWIW, I have a huge 3:30sec vid of a ride in a canyon and did the recording in Hi-Def!!! On a big flat screen it's as if riding the ride again. Incredible detail. It provides a glimpse of a future when bandwidth, video cards, and CPU's can handle the file size. Until then... personal use only.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
What camera and mount are you using? I would like to mess with some of this myself. Can you post your tech specs like what software etc you are using?

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Cool Video Rat Bastard. I'm pretty low tech when it comes to video camera stuff, I agree with CustomBikeMike, What gear are you using? I'd like to do the same thing.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Ratbasturd, I just got back from four days of riding the southern Hill Country. We based out of Junction and ended up riding the Threes, of course, and a bunch of other roads tailor made by a higher authority for bikers.

Great therapy to get 900 miles of that area under your belt.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ratbasturd, I just got back from four days of riding the southern Hill Country. We based out of Junction and ended up riding the Threes, of course, and a bunch of other roads tailor made by a higher authority for bikers.

Great therapy to get 900 miles of that area under your belt.
That's a great way to put it... "roads tailor made by a higher authority for bikers" and "great therapy". Amen.

BTW, is the new ride meeting/exceeding expectations?

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
That's a great way to put it... "roads tailor made by a higher authority for bikers" and "great therapy". Amen.

BTW, is the new ride meeting/exceeding expectations?
Absolutely. The more I ride it, the better I like it.

I'll get some pictures up later.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Appetite whetted! I've seen pics before of that Luckenbach P.O. before. Bet that pack sounded gooooooood going by. Don't know if the same with you, but I have a thing for historical roadside markers, pulling over all the time to read them. How about that... chasing the maurading indians all the way into Mexico.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What camera and mount are you using? I would like to mess with some of this myself. Can you post your tech specs like what software etc you are using?
I use a Nikon cool pics and a custom mount I made with a part from a tri-pod
and some leather. I am not at my computer or I would just take a pic of the set up, when I get back I will post one.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I use a Nikon cool pics and a custom mount I made with a part from a tri-pod
and some leather. I am not at my computer or I would just take a pic of the set up, when I get back I will post one.
South Austin? You live in Bubbaville? I used to live at Slaughter and Machacha. I am in town now for business running around and checking out all the old haunts. This place sure has grown the last 10 years, but not as much as a lot of places.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
South Austin? You live in Bubbaville? I used to live at Slaughter and Machacha. I am in town now for business running around and checking out all the old haunts. This place sure has grown the last 10 years, but not as much as a lot of places.

I live half way between Slaughter and William Cannon in the neighborhood behind the 7-11. To bad I am up here or we could meet for some ridin.

Will you be in town for the R.O.T. rally?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts