Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Long time no see...
I've been busy with a lot of more or less important things. But the main reason for not posting anything is that I got hold of the Apple High end video editing program, FinalCut Pro 6. It has a very very high potential and also a very steep learning curve. In my age it takes more than a 'little time' to learn complicated things. But the riders I met in Italy have been nagging me about posting a video I shot during a trip to Faaker See Au. So this is the first product from FCP6, and it needs a lot more trimming before I'll be happy with it. But I posts it anyway and tries to learn more editing skills in time to come...

Anyway, here's the video!

·
Registered
139 Posts
WoW Nice video But I don't know if I would be able to ride facing on coming traffic like that!
Bill:ride

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WoW Nice video But I don't know if I would be able to ride facing on coming traffic like that!
Bill:ride
The amazing thing was that all oncoming traffic seemed to be very used to it and always kept right. Not even honked or flashed lights at us...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was clinching up pretty good here sitting in my chair.
wrong place to be clinched up to. You should have been there clinched to the bar!
It was a truly amazing thing. Even if it does not look as bad in the video. My memory from it is that it was much, much closer all the time...

I do have some more raw film to edit from simlar or even worse riding in Italy. Not to mention city traffic in Messina, Sicily!
As soon as I get better hang of FCP6 I'll post some more...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
An American's look at a Swede's look at an Italian riding style.

Those boys are a bit nutty!

Good to see you posting Bernt. Better get busy with your fancy edit software. I like the little movie in your mirror.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An American's look at a Swede's look at an Italian riding style.

Those boys are a bit nutty!

Good to see you posting Bernt. Better get busy with your fancy edit software. I like the little movie in your mirror.
Thanks Ed,
It's actually the camcorders screen:) I'll try to get the moving map into the GPS screen as well! But the f-ckin' program wouldn't do what I tells it to do!!! And the support is of little help when one doesn't know how to ask. My english is ok, but the language in the moviemaking world seems to be very esoteric...
So try and error is the motto of the day, or week, or month:pull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts