Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you cover them for a ride?

Boots always for me.

I like HD Starter Switch boots the best. Two zippers, great rugged soles and heels. Easy to wear both on and off the ride.

My second favorites are HD Alysa boots. Two zippers, ties & rugged soles and heels. Heavier lining for colder weather and a bit more cushion in the insole.

As you can tell I like the ease of the two zippers and the big groves on the bottoms.:dance

Edit: Thanks again EZE for the pic reminder.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Are they comfy? Do you ever wish you didn't have to deal with the laces? "Right now"...explain please.:)
Yes they are light weight and comfy.
No I dont ever wish that because they have a single zipper.(you cant see them in the photo) Put them on, zip it up and tie the laces for a custom fit then zip and unzip for ease of use.
Right now meaning when they wear out I would consider another brand.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I typically wear colorful $1.00 beach thongs from Wal*Mart when I go riding, but for extra warmth in the winter will wear white tube socks as well. :)
You silly boy!:rolleyes:

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Light weight (I HATE having anything that feels heavy on my feets). I don't mind the laces - it's not like I have to take my pants off much during the day.

Althoough... in the summertime I've been known to carry a pair of sandals if I know that I'll be doing lots of walking at my destination!

No steel toes - I'd worry about my foot being bent the 'wrong way' in a crash and losing my REAL toes!

Those Bates look nice, if my $29.99 Sears specials ever wear out!

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,206 Posts
The marketting name is Harley Davidson Flash Boots,
steel toe, the best boots I ever wore, $90 if you shop around.
Made by Wolverine. I spent the longest day of my life stomping out a grass fire with mine, bought a new pair because the old pair smelled like smoke, now I can't tell them apart anymore. The perfect, tough, heavy-duty riding boot. Just about the only shoes I wear, ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HARLEY-DAVIDSON-MENS-FLASH-BOOT_W0QQitemZ7753424512QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I've just never been able to wear boots, I find them to be too heavy, uncomfortable, etc. I'll ride in pretty much whatever I'm wearing at the time, and I only own two different things for my feet, sandels, or tennis shoes....

why are they called tennis shoes? I don't play tennis. I guess I could call them sneakers...but I don't try and sneak up on people with them....hmmm

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Light weight (I HATE having anything that feels heavy on my feets). I don't mind the laces - it's not like I have to take my pants off much during the day.

Althoough... in the summertime I've been known to carry a pair of sandals if I know that I'll be doing lots of walking at my destination!

No steel toes - I'd worry about my foot being bent the 'wrong way' in a crash and losing my REAL toes!

Those Bates look nice, if my $29.99 Sears specials ever wear out!
I first got a pair from sears online. Another couple of reasons I like them is they come in wide sizes and they are like $70. Lakedrunk, Lil is going to be mad at you not wearing your safety gear.;)

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,206 Posts
Funny what gives you a feeling of security.

I don't know that I would feel any more comfortable,
if I was in a position to have to transport my bike home any distance at all,
being w/o a helmet, or w/o boots, or gloves.

For me, it's about the same feeling of being ready or not being ready.
If I didn't have anything else to wear but tennis shoes, I wouldn't ride.

I work with a guy who just had a metal ankle transplant after a motorcycle crash over 30 years ago.
I know he had 500,000 minutes of teeth grinding pain in those 30 years.

I'll protect my head, my hands and my feet and ankles, for sure. I wil probably protect elbows and shoulders with leather if not padding. Unless weather will just not allow it, I'lll try to protect knees and of my other parts of my lower real estate.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I first got a pair from sears online. Another couple of reasons I like them is they come in wide sizes and they are like $70. Lakedrunk, Lil is going to be mad at you not wearing your safety gear.;)
Ok, because you brought it up...

I left the thread so that I didn't write something based in knee jerk reaction. Valuing Victors existence on the planet I do seriously wish he would take better care of his lowers. Considering that in my mind one of the greatest sins is to impose one's will on another there is nothing more to say than he is perfectly free to do as he wishes.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Choice is a big part of a biker's creed, and I don't preach.

But....

I do wear boots and leather and gloves. Blacktop is a geat abrasive and I have become attached to my skin.

High boots in the winter and short boots in the summer.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Ok, because you brought it up...

I left the thread so that I didn't write something based in knee jerk reaction. Valuing Victors existence on the planet I do seriously wish he would take better care of his lowers. Considering that in my mind one of the greatest sins is to impose one's will on another there is nothing more to say than he is perfectly free to do as he wishes.
I'm with you on that one Lil.:cool: By the way, Nice choice in footware. Heavy Duty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts