Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,202 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I love ABS. I was taking my CVO Breakout for he first long trip and got caught in a down pour on I95 and had to lock up. It was actually super smooth. I get on them every now and then just to get a better feeling, even went back through the safety course since there were so many differences from my old Heritage.

- Go Steelers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A little over 30k miles with ABS. It only activated a few times, only on the rear and usually when emergency braking hard on uneven pavement. It might have saved my bacon. Seamless and worked as advertised. No maintenance issues. I believe like MisterB and Devo that I would want ABS on any future bikes.
I have a 2008 Ultra Glide Classic . Front brakes do not work . Dealership I had to change the Anti lock system because the dot 3 brake fluid Harley used has jam the valves in the anti lock block. Harley recall my bike to change the brake fluid to a synthetic fluid but would not do anything about the brake problem..

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
All dot 4 fluid is synthetic. The problem comes from water and contaminates in the fluid. Did you have the system flushed at the recommended intervals?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have a 2008 Ultra Glide Classic . Front brakes do not work . Dealership I had to change the Anti lock system because the dot 3 brake fluid Harley used has jam the valves in the anti lock block. Harley recall my bike to change the brake fluid to a synthetic fluid but would not do anything about the brake problem..
Congrats for reviving a 6 year old thread. Can you supply more info? Like have you had this bike since 2008? How many miles on this bike? Have you performed the scheduled maintenance on the ABS system? Im confused with your statement that they recalled your 2008 bike to change the brake fluid. When did that happen? I'm not sure but wasn't your bike supposed to use DOT 4. How did DOT 3 get in it? Sometimes, I know it might be shocking, but mechanical items fail and will need repair. Sometimes its from inadequate or improper maintenance. Sometimes it falls into that category of shit happens.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,096 Posts
Ah he’s posted the same exact thing in three threads.

Either a dolt or a troll... who had an issue he needs to gripe about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well if he is coming here looking for sympathy, he might be in the wrong place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a deposit on a Ember Red Sunglo, 2013 Harley Ultra Classic with 5,000 miles. It has a security system but no ABS brakes. I have the option to purchase a Vivid Black, 2013 ultra classic with 5,000 miles, security and [ jiofi.local.html tplinklogin ABS for an additional $300. I am not familiar with ABS brakes on a motorcycle and therefore, I ask, is ABS worth the added cost. I do know that it is expensive to repair ABS on a car, has anybody had any issues with ABS brakes on their Harley's.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I don't have ABS but think it's a good idea to give you an edge in a bad situation which is going to happen sooner or later.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts