Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
$795 for ABS, or $500 deductable and not having a bike for 2-3 months.....

I'd gladly pay that for something that offers you control in a situation where your life could depends on it.

Hell.....people here are dropping that for pipes, and not remapping or adding a fuel pak...........so baciaclly just getting more noise, for the same amount of cash.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
$795.00 for ABS, is it worth it?
Alot of people will say yes. I'm not one but Ive been fortunate enough to get off the right brake at the right time when stuff starts slipping and sliding. It will only take a second to find out if you shoulda got it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes. It's worth it. I haven't used it yet (and hopefully won't) but, like insurance, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Besides, if you finance the bike, it'll only add about a dollar (or less) to your note and if your paying cash, the dealer will probably give it to you for next to nothing in order to make the sell.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Does anybody know, is it 2 completely functional and separate ABS systems?

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I would get abs if I had the option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wanted to add ABS to my 07 Ultra. H-D said it cant be done, but they would be glad to sell me a 08 or 09 with ABS. I bet they would. Guess I'll have to stop the old way. Hit the breaks myself, been working so far. Knock on wood. Ram Rod

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
People used to ask if it was worth getting the front drum brakes when there was only rear drum brakes. Then they would ask if it was worth getting the front disc brakes. Then they would ask if it was worth getting front and rear disc brakes. Now they ask if ABS is worth getting. In the near future they will ask if traction control is worth it. In my opinion the answer to all of the above is yes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Does anybody know, is it 2 completely functional and separate ABS systems?
Yes, the front and rear are independant of each other on the Harley. There are some imports (BMW and Honda, I think) that are linked.
JD

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wanted to add ABS to my 07 Ultra. H-D said it cant be done, but they would be glad to sell me a 08 or 09 with ABS. I bet they would. Guess I'll have to stop the old way. Hit the breaks myself, been working so far. Knock on wood. Ram Rod

I don't know why it couldn't be done. The '07 Police package bikes have it as standard equipment. Maybe find one that has been dumped and retro-fit the system. Nothing is impossible...just seems like it sometimes!

JD

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Yep, it's certainly possible... but most likely not the kind of work a dealership wants to take in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
yes, it's worth it if you value your life at more than $795

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Yep, it's certainly possible... but most likely not the kind of work a dealership wants to take in.
Or that one might want to pay for, would probably be more feasable to buy an equipped model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts