Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a practically new 2014 Sportster 48 that I bought with 893 miles on it 3 weeks ago. It has a Screamin' Eagle high flow intake, Vance and Hines 3" Slash Cuts and had been remapped by the Harley Dealer when the previous owner had them install the goodies. My first tanks through the bike were about 34-36 mpg. I've since added the Vance and HInes FP3 and used a couple of their canned maps. Now, I know Sporty's aren't thrifty on fuel but I'm now getting 73 mpg. 73 mind you !

I used a tune for the VH 3" slip ons and a high flow air cleaner with a stock 1200cc motor. How can this truley be 73 mpg ? I've never heard of such an increase. You guys' thoughts ? View attachment 797512
EDIT TO ADD: After I did the intial mpg testing where I was getting 34-ish, I've since done an oil change on the engine oil and transmission to go along with the FP3 and installed NGK Iridium plugs. I used Amsoil 20w-50 for the engine and Lucas Oil Vtwin Transmission fluid for wet clutches in the tranny. That's when things went unreal. Again, does this sound right ? Thanks all.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You are correct. Prior to today I was using a partial tank and topping off. Getting erroneous mpg figures. Today, I ran it near dry and refigured mpg. I'm sitting at 45 mpg running it nearly dry. I feel stupid, lol. Way to go, me. Lol.
Good thing it was a mistake. The oil companies would probably sent someone to "borrow" your bike. What bike? I didn't see nuffin>

·
Registered
45 Posts
73mpg with Amsoil would sure nuff nail that spokesman gig in their magazine ads.
Why hell, you'd be the next Andy Granatelli. A regular poster boy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I’m well behaved, easy smooth acceleration, always at the speed limit or 5 below I can get 50. Normal riding making lots of noise is about 44. Worst I’ve gotten was 37

·
American
28,716 Posts
Always good to solve a problem. Especially arithmetic type ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts