Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, hoping someone here can help. Just got a 2000 FXDWG, and the ACCY fuse keeps blowing. It will not do it immediately, or if the bike is standing still, only after it is driven for five or so minutes. I have checked all the wiring visibly and with a meter. I unplugged the speed sensor, still blew. Unplugged the Turn Signal Module, still blew.

Also, the Left turn signal works fine (when the fuse is good), but the Right comes on solid (no blinking) in the front, and not at all in the rear. This is what made me think TSM. I checked the wiring under fender and seat, and the rear bulb. it all looks good.

I could really use some help with this one!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Hang in there, I hate those electrical gremlins too. The accy circuit should only be hot when the ignition is on. This is why it waits to blow. Since you just got this bike I am thinking you got the problem with it as well?? If not what was done prior to this happening? There is s dead short someplace thats taking its sweet time to show its face. Any mods done to the bike by previous owner? Give us some info, also drop by the new to the community section and give us an intro.. good luck..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help guys. I found the issue. Rear harness fell out of its clips and was rubbed through by the back tire. Fixed it all up, and it is back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts