Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
You could always try an internal twist grip clutch.

Motorcycle Internal Twist Clutch Device for Left Side Grips

I think Russell Mitchell from Exile Cycles has used something similar on a few of his bikes with great success. If he can grip the bars enough to twist this might be a whole lot less expensive than an automatic tranny and a whole lot less of a learning curve than a suicide shift.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I used to work with a guy that had a disabled right hand and arm. He could place the hand on the grip and make turns just fine. But, couldn't use the front brake or roll on the throttle. He moved everything to the left side. cut the brake lever down so he could feel the difference between the two levers and, as for the throttle you had to roll it forward to give it more. Good luck with the search and thank him for his service.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You could always try an internal twist grip clutch.

Motorcycle Internal Twist Clutch Device for Left Side Grips

I think Russell Mitchell from Exile Cycles has used something similar on a few of his bikes with great success. If he can grip the bars enough to twist this might be a whole lot less expensive than an automatic tranny and a whole lot less of a learning curve than a suicide shift.
X2

He might even be able to put a throttle boss/cramp buster on the left side to help with it.

Tell him from one vet to another, thank you for his service!

·
Super Moderator
840 Posts
A rocker clutch and a tank shift , still available through the seventies, no modification necessary, much safer than a suicide clutch and very cool.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts