Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
gorilla glue tuff
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I picked up a 1998 road king with 12k on the clock for 4 grand. I couldn't pass it up. It's pretty dirty and needs a throttle cable and a few little odds and ends. Mainly just needs a good cleaning. ImageUploadedByMO Free1366074880.888539.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1366074892.033082.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Good addition, great deal. It does look a little confused though, can't seem to decide if it wants to be chromed or blacked out. I am sure that after you give it some tender loving care, it will be stellar. Good job!

·
Try'n to behave
5,522 Posts
Sweet score! righton.gif

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
Nice grab! :thumbsup

Can't go wrong there. I would have grabbed that in a heartbeat at that price. A little TLC and that will make a nice ride.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Love it!!!

As much as I love my EG Classic, I already miss my Heritage a bit. Many one day before too long I'll run across a similar deal on an Evo Heritage. If I can find room in the garage, it would be fun to own one. I'd like to have an Evo.

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
EVO's are great motors , nice ride !! I've looked around at bikes for the better part of 3 yrs now and you don't find even old high milage EVO's for under 5K let alone a RK with only 12K on it. Great find :thumbsup

·
gorilla glue tuff
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's actually not an anniversary model. It was dropped a few years back and he put that tank on it. But a big twin for 4k, I couldn't pass it up. I can't even find sportsters for less than 3500 around here. It does need some tlc but nothing major.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
A friend had a 98 RKC, rode the crap out of that thing and never had one problem not even with the MM injection. Nice find.

·
Señor Member
19,582 Posts
Brilliant! I'd lose all the black on the front end (headlamp, bars, forks). Otherwise she's purdy. Good get.

·
gorilla glue tuff
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brilliant! I'd lose all the black on the front end (headlamp, bars, forks). Otherwise she's purdy. Good get.
I'd like to, but I just have to find a place around here that can chrome it for a good price. I've looked on google and can't find very much of anything.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'd like to, but I just have to find a place around here that can chrome it for a good price. I've looked on google and can't find very much of anything.

Take a sharp knife to it. May be they powder coated it and didn't bead blast it first. Leaving chrome intact underneath. Like finding hardwood floors under carpet.

It was just a thought.

Still a beauty in my book.

·
gorilla glue tuff
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Washed her, waxed her, and polished a little chrome. still need to do a little more but heres how it turned out. You may not be able to tell from the pics but its a huge difference.

·
Try'n to behave
5,522 Posts
Looks good! :thumbsup

I like the black. In fact, I would consider blacking out some more if it were me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts