Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these on Amazon from a previous post (can't remember who) and I was wanting to add more light to shine when braking instead of buying a $200.00 LED aftermarket light.

So, I want to tap these into the brake light and see if it will help.

I don't think I will need any special flasher since I will still have the stock 1157 bulbs.

So the plan is to drill two holes in the stock tail light cover an insert these.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Would probably be neat, but I think I'd pony up for the Custom Dynamics inserts and use "load equalizers" till I could afford a solid state light control module.

I have a badlands light controller and it also illuminates the rear turn signals as tail lights.

I spent about $150 on the rear inserts, lense covers and controller. The difference in illumination is drastic compared to stock. Well worth waiting a few weeks to gather the funds.

Also check your local inspection laws, some will require that all required lighting be DOT certified.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I just bought the Badlands box to make my '90's rear turn into run/brake etc but I have a problem. One light is not working so I might have to trace a problem-works in stock mode.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Check the polarity, incandescents don't care which way the power goes so the MOCO doesn't either. LEDs do care, you may need to swap the wires going to the light socket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts