Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
we just turned my brother-in-laws Heritage Softail into a heritage glide. added a Roadking cruise control and he loves it now.

Jay
looks nice I did the same to a king It was fairly easy

·
Registered
237 Posts
Windshield is real short, he cut it down to about 4 inches but that's because he's only 5'10". I'll find out the company he got it from but his is cable throttle. Took is about 6 hours to install, comes with new controls and cables. Works great.

Jay
I'd like to know where he bought the cruise control from looking into getting on for my girlfriends heritage.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
The fairing is from Reckless, we installed the radio ourselves, picked up the fairing from a guy in town for 200 bucks what a deal. my brother in law is supposed to let me know today where he got the cruise control from and I'll post it up on here so everybody knows. wasn't hard to install just took a lot of rerouting of wires and new handlebars switches.

Jay

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for everyone's help. I decided to go with the Tsukayu with GPS. After looking around this seemed like the best deal. I ordered it in Gloss Black as my bike is black and after I called them they suggested not to color match as I would not need to. They were very helpful. Will post pictures once I get it installed.

https://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairingwithGPS.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got my fairing in and installed it. Was able to take it for a ride today as well. Very easy installation as it fits in the windshield brackets and has a lock. Actual install time including wiring 45 minutes. Her are a few pics ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1387936231.734450.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1387936246.184465.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sweet, how'd it feel no the ride?
Took a few minutes to get used it.. But after 15 minutes I wondered how to ride with out it. Handles the same, but seems a little heavier (in a good way) at highway speeds. Seems to have more control. I am going to order the shorter windshield as I look through this one. Will have to see which one I like better. This also has the flip up not just a straight windshield.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Got my fairing in and installed it. Was able to take it for a ride today as well. Very easy installation as it fits in the windshield brackets and has a lock. Actual install time including wiring 45 minutes. Her are a few pics View attachment 153561 View attachment 153569

Took a few minutes to get used it.. But after 15 minutes I wondered how to ride with out it. Handles the same, but seems a little heavier (in a good way) at highway speeds. Seems to have more control. I am going to order the shorter windshield as I look through this one. Will have to see which one I like better. This also has the flip up not just a straight windshield.

Glad you are happy with it! You will get spilled to the fairing!

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
Open Road Cycles in Denver, NC has put fairing on a long list of bikes with great success. I think that they mostly use Memphis Shades fairings. You could give Leo or AJ a call; they have mounting fairing pretty much down to a science.

Pete

I have been seeing bikes with added fairings, hard bags, etc. has anyone added a fairing to a heritage classic? i have been looking at them. wondering what the advantages/disadvantages are.:think

·
2013 FLHR
73 Posts
Try motorcycle cruise .com...Sorry to hijack...

·
Registered
2013 Heritage Classic
9 Posts
I am following for any other newer input especially since there are so many available now on the internet. Anyone pick one up from there? I am wondering also, if you can get a better sound out of the 2- 6x9" speaker models or the 4- 5" models.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts