Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need to do to add a harley batwing to a 2003 road king?
lights? speedo? mounting?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have you considered an aftermarket fairing like quadzilla? I think those mount directly to the windshield mounts and you don't need to change your gauges. I'd think if you wanted to mount a Harley batwing, you'd have to change your tank dash to remove the speedo, change the headlight mount, and probably a lot of other things.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My '02 Road King has a Dragonfly. I can't say what the price was as it was on the bike when I got it.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Have you picked out which one you want assuming you are going aftermarket.
I would think they would have a list of included or extra turn signal relocation brackets etc when you pull up the installation instructions or their tech line could tell you what you want to know.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Or you can sell the Road king and just buy an Ultra or Street glide.:what?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, with an Ultra or Street Glide you are stuck with the fairing. On a hot summer day I can pull the bat wing off quicker than you can say "lets ride!"...
If you want a loaded fairing with gauges, radio and all then yes, look at a new bike. If you just want a fairing for foul weather than a clip on is the way to go. After market will set you back around a grand if painted. I found a used beat outer shell from a Electra Glide. Made my own mounts to fit the stock windshield mounting points and did my own paint. I have about a buck and a half in mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just ordered the Dead Center fairing for my King from Direct Cycle Parts I paid $2025.00 with painted inner outer and pin stripes and BT stereo , I saved about $500 over buying direct .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts