Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding my engine again. Twin cam motor. Installing bigger cams. Going to put ss pushrods. What would be better the adjustable or quickee rods.

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
If your not taking the top end off, the quickees would make the job a lot easier. They can be installed without removing the rockers. Just cut the old rods out with a set of bolt cutters. But if your taking the rockers off anyway, it doesn't matter which one you use.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Because I like to use adjustable pushrods any way I always buy the quickies. The SE Tapered are my first choice. Makes a big difference in time spent down the road if I have to rework something in the cam chest.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I didn't use the quickies that collapse to install, but I did have S&S rods that were adjustable. I spun them down far enough to fit them between rocker boxes and the cam chest. Just be careful tightening the adjustable nuts. They are very thin walled, very brittle and break easily. Don't ask me how I know. They are also very hard to acquire should one break, again,,,,don't ask. That's a very strange thread pitch, I believe 32 threads per inch. Most commercial stuff does no go that fine. Good luck on your build.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts