Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, seriously considering a new bike as my ole Ducati ST3 is getting a bit long in the tooth, I have a HD dealer near my home (the nearest duc dealer is about an hour away), I've never had a Harley, they are American made, and I don't have to tell you, they are not too bad to look at.

Now I take everything I read on the net with a grain of salt, but this site has me thinking I should change my focus from the breakout or fatbob, to the sportster. Anyway, is there any truth about what is written in this article?

Before You Buy Harley

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

·
Registered
39,827 Posts
Its bullshit.

He's just trying to sell a book.

·
luv the low country
19,253 Posts
:cowdung

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
^^^^ What they said, pure crapola..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey gang,

Thanks for the reply, I kind of figured as much. Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
Pure crapola is a stretch, all are known twin cam issues and your mileage will vary. If this guy has any miles on his ST3 then he's already used to expensive maintenance...

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I've always liked to ride. But it wasn't until I got my Harley that I couldn't live without it. Riding my HD is all I want to do.

No disrespect to my other bikes, but it just wasn't the same.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I too came from a sportbike world which was some 15yrs. ago. During that whole time i loved the sound and looks of the (mainly) wide glides.
Hell when i was a kid in school i used to draw pictures of choppers and they looked alot like my 99 wg. There's going to be maint. issues with any man-made machine,it's the nature of the beast...just deal with it!
My 2ct's!
Enjoy the ride!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts