Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an '04 Heritage Softtail Classic and I bought a luggage rack that I'm trying to install. In the picture, I have to remove the screws marked as (1) but the lower screw is below the fender so I have to take off the sissy bar mount (2) to get to it. I think I'm going to have to remove the torx screws (3) but I'm not sure. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,517 Posts
And the two stand off bolts between the two torx.

Where are your turn signals?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And the two stand off bolts between the two torx.

Where are your turn signals?
Do the two stand off bolts just unscrew, or is there a nut on the inside of the fender I'm going to have to get to? When I feel under the fender behind the stand off bolts, it feels like theres a retaining plate the the bolts screw into. Hopefully there wont be a need to drop the tire to get up in there.

The turn signals are on a crossbar under the tail light.

Thank you

·
Asylum Inmate
12,517 Posts
No nuts. They are pemnuts captured in the fender.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bbally and oldredog77. I have it taken apart, thought I was going to break something getting those standoff bolts for the saddlebags out. Had to use vise grips to do it. I definitely need to clean up the threads with a toothbrush and WD40 before I put everything back together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me the size torx head bolts these are In the 3 marker ? Mine are stripped and I can’t get them out and I need to replace them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts