Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Fatbob with the stock 103" engine. I've decided to install a Woods Tw-777 cam along with Woods lifters and S&S adjustable pushrods. It also already has the SE heavy breather and Rinehart Crossbacks 2 into 2 setup. I know these cams are more useful with a bump in CR and headwork but the piggy bank won't spit out that much right now, hopefully next season. So my question is would it be beneficial to install a 30 head gasket to try and help this cam setup for now until I can afford the proper upgrades to compliment it? And if so, what would my CR be with the 30 gasket? I believe the stock CR is 9.6.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
692 Posts
In order to know if it would be beneficial you would have to know the thickness of the head gasket that is on there now. You might have a 0.40 head gasket now. If that's the case I would say no it would not benefit enough to be worthwhile spend the extra money since you don't have it. And you would have to check your piston to valve clearance since you are adding left and dropping their head down. And I'm curious why you chose the woods TW-777 cam. You would save some money and labor if you had everything done at once unless you're doing it yourself. RB racing has a calculator for figuring out compression ratio. But there's a lot of things would need to know you probably don't have in order to use the calculator.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the stock head gasket is either 40 or 45. I will be doing all the work myself and chose the 777 after doing an exhaustive research through the web forums, experts in the field and the many builds from those with this combo. I was particurly impressed with Fuel Moto's dyno charts that they posted of various setups with this cam. I know it's not the best choice for my basically stock setup, but I fully intend to do more engine mods next year. So for as it is now, I was just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to try to bump up the CR a little to give it a boost.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts