Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for another bike . I really like the 2013 switchback I found , problem I am having is the dealer told me its not the best for 2 up , ( my wife likes to be passenger) so he pointed out a decent used heritage classic that is a 06 around same price says its better for 2up . I ride solo a lot more often the she goes but she does like to be a weekend warrior . Will the switchback be comfortable for us both on long trips on weekends or should I go with the classic Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I can't help you with the switchback but the heritage is a good bike for two up. If your interested in doing longer than 200 to 300 mile trips you may want to look at the road king. You may want to look at the road king for anything over a 200 mile day.

·
Registered
671 Posts
There are a lot of HD models that are cool looking but really not designed for lengthy saddle time. If you plan long distance riding, it's hard to beat the touring models (with the right seat). I love to put 200 miles on an average Sunday. I used to do it with my "cool" Fat Boy years ago but I was young and dumb...not a pleasurable experience at the end of the day.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can't help with switchback either. But I love to ride and I love the wife to go. I'd rather have her along than go solo. I know if she ain't comfortable she will go but not as much and not on longer trips.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
751 Posts
How much do the two of you weigh together? That is the big question. I weight about 225 and my wife about the same. Yea. I know......... We are tall though. In any case I had no idea when I bought my Dyna, and it will work in a pinch. We are about 50 pounds over weight on my bike, and while it rides fine we do bottom out over any real bumps. I have no desire at all for a Softail. If I were back in the hunt I would get a road king. Maybe a road glide.

If you like the Softail that's fine. They just don't turn me on.

My Dyna gets ridden solo 99 percent of the time. I do take my girls for the occasional ride for icecream. My wife might get on twice a year.

Maybe she would go more with a touring bike? IDK

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
not sure on switchback but I think a lot has to due with seat and pegs for two up riding
and how far you go on the weekend so good luck tell us how it works out

·
Just Ride
3,766 Posts
Switchback is basically a Dyna. 2 up riding alot a tour based bike is best for comfort

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I would much rather have a 2013 Switchback than a 2006 Heritage at the same price point. MUCH rather.
Wheelbase on the two is 3/4" longer on the Heritage, weight between them is Heritage is about 30 lbs. heavier. GVW on a '06 Heritage is 1160, Switchback is 1170. Same size engine and power in both. I've spent weeks on my Dyna and find it is just as smooth as my Electra Glide. Most of the comfort is seat related, easy to change that. One other thing that some like, some don't is the Heritage passenger sits higher than the driver. So it really all comes down to what you will be happy with.

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
Couldn't help you with the switchback, now, I went from a Sportster to a touring, Electra Glide Ultra Classic and now way back for me. If I trade it will be a Road King or the Road Glide. Either way all 3 are the best in the line up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys we have not decided yet but have found a couple extra road glides to look at . I do appreciate the help . Thanks

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I can't help you with the switchback but the heritage is a good bike for two up. If your interested in doing longer than 200 to 300 mile trips you may want to look at the road king. You may want to look at the road king for anything over a 200 mile day.
^^^This. I have an '05 Heritage an my wife's good for about 250 per day, then she's done. On the Ultra, she's good all day, every day.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
My 5/8 can do about 250 - 275 a day on my Switchback. Part of that is due to a disability with her right leg, the being stationary for so long bugs her. She does do better after I added passenger boards instead of the pegs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We pulled the trigger on the switchback , checked out a few bikes and it fit best what we (I) was looking for she thought after riding it she was plenty comfy so that's a huge plus . I thank you guys for your input .

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
We pulled the trigger on the switchback , checked out a few bikes and it fit best what we (I) was looking for she thought after riding it she was plenty comfy so that's a huge plus . I thank you guys for your input .
pics or it didnt happen

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
there is a thread for how to post pictures I use my photo bucket and copy there and post here its a pain but I want to see the pictures lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts