Harley Davidson Forums banner

After market Harley Touring trunks

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Trout1 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with aftermarket trunks for Harley touring models? I have been looking at the Mutazu trunks that are the same size as the HD Tour Pack for around $400.00. Not much on the web as far as reviews. Anyone have them?

#2 ·
hornetguy got one recently. Not sure which brand. It looked good. Uses standard HD hardware. I'll have to ask him later how he likes it now after using it a couple months.

#3 ·
I've been looking at getting one myself. I have read everything I can get my computer to pull up and most guys are pretty happy with the Mutazu's. Only issue I've heard (and I hear it about the Lowers more) is that you might want to trade out the hardware for the real HD stuff. I don't plan on using mine except on longer trips (longer than a weekend), so it will only be used once or twice a year. So I'm thinking no reason to pay the high price for the moco ones.

#4 ·
I have the Mutazu Razor Pack. I only use it for the long hauls and the rest of the time it sits in the closet and collects dust. It has plenty of space for what I need. The paint (vivid black) was matching, but like others said, the hardware could be replaced with OEM. I couldn't justify paying the big $$$ for the HD Razor Pack so the Mutazu was a no brainer.

#5 ·
I went and ponied up for the HD tourpack. No regrets. It never comes off bike, just to dam convenient. I do have the Mutazo lowers w/HD mounting hardware and am very happy with them.

#6 ·
I just got back from taking a look at the Mutazu trunks at their store in San Leandro. I only live about 30 miles from it. I can tell you its feels flimsy and crappy, they want 400.00 for the king size Harley tour pack and the latches and everything about it is cheap thin and I am going to pass on it.
I would have to change the latches, and by the time I'm done its around $600. I will stick with my t bag and removable luggage rack for now, of course unless I just buy a new Ultra, ha ha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.